The Australian HIV Public Access Dataset on cases of newly diagnosed HIV infection is made available to Australian and international health professionals to facilitate the analysis and interpretation of the occurrence of HIV infection in Australia.
The Australian HIV Public Access Dataset on cases of newly diagnosed HIV infection includes the following information:
- State (because of the small annual number of diagnoses, HIV notifications from the Australian Capital Territory have been grouped with New South Wales, notifications from Tasmania have been grouped with Victoria, and notifications from the Northern Territory have been grouped with South Australia)
- Year of first HIV diagnosis in Australia
- HIV exposure category
- 5 year age group at HIV diagnosis
- Year of last negative HIV antibody test (if available)
- Year of primary HIV infection (if available)
- CD4 count at HIV diagnosis.