As a Kirby student, you will need to attend three inductions:
- You will be inducted to the Kirby Institute when you commence your candidature. During this induction, you will be informed about operational and safety procedures, accessing the building and be provided with an orientation to the Kirby Institute building.
- Attendance of the Graduate Research School's Induction for Postgraduate Researchers is compulsory for all candidates commencing a PhD or Masters by Research degree and ensures a smooth transition to research study at UNSW. The event will provide new research candidates with important information on:
- the Graduate Research School
- enrolment, progression and scholarship administration
- services provided across the University for research candidates.
Induction is offered twice a year in Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- Once a year, the Faculty of Medicine runs an induction day for all new research students in the faculty. The faculty will inform you directly as to when you need to attend. The day provides an opportunity to meet other students within the faculty as well as to get informed about research practice.