At the Kirby Institute we offer a range of PhD and Masters by Research opportunities that span our work in basic science, clinical research and public health. You can read more about our research areas on the following pages:

Basic science

Clinical research

Public health

image - Future Students image - Future Students image - Future Students


Once you have an idea about what you want to study, you can begin the application process that is explained on the ‘How to Apply & Enrol for a Research Degree’ page on the UNSW GRS website.

If you have any questions about the process, you can get in touch with our postgraduate student coordinator Kathy Petoumenos, or our administration manager Yvette Toole.